PROTECTING WHAT’S IMPORTANT
INSURANCE IN SOUTH CAROLINA
Change is a part of life. As your life and business change, you need insurance that changes with you. TAiG specializes in creating insurance strategies for individuals and businesses in South Carolina, including West Columbia, Irmo, Lexington, Chapin, and surrounding areas.
General Liability Insurance
Making sure that yourself, your family, and your business is covered in the event of an accident or incident is what we do at The Alexander Insurance Group! Our agency specializes in creating insurance strategies for individuals and businesses in South Carolina, including West Columbia, Irmo, Lexington, Chapin, and surrounding areas. If you’re needing commercial or personal insurance in any of the above or nearby locations, we’re the people to call!
Owning a business, big or small, often comes with expecting the unexpected. Business owners and contractors are fairly familiar with the idea of damage control, fixing situations, and making sure that the business not only remains fully functional but is also producing a lucrative financial gain. When an incident of any kind arises, it’s vital that you’re not taken by surprise, and that you’ve got the right insurance to cover your losses. As a business owner, you’re fully aware that there’s no such thing as a perfect business with perfect employees, thus, it’s imperative that all business have general liability insurance. Commercial general liability insurance here in Columbia is mostly used to protect business owners from third-party lawsuits and claims. Here are some examples of situations in which general liability insurance can literally save your business.
MAKE SURE YOUR BUSINESS IS PROTECTED
MAKE SURE YOUR BUSINESS IS PROTECTED
- Bodily Injury or Accidents on Business Premises – This is the coverage that will make sure that your business is covered in the event that a customer or client slips and falls or is injured some other way while on your property. Since you can’t always guarantee that freak accidents will never happen at your place of business, general liability insurance will make sure that you’re covered in the event that you’re sued or need to settle outside of court.
- Damage to Business Premises – Owning a business is not always so different from owning a home. Homes and businesses alike are extremely susceptible to damage from many different kinds of incidents for all kinds of reasons. General liability insurance will protect you in the event that an accident that takes place in your building and affects the buildings or units around it, you’ll have the protection if/when your landlord or neighbor seeks financial restitution.
- Advertising Errors – Since advertising for your small business is such an important step in getting business, it can be very frustrating to be accused of infringing on another existing advertising idea. It’s even worse when this fiasco leads to a lawsuit or claim. This is when general liability helps protect your business against certain claims if others allege you infringed on their copyrights when advertising goods, products, or services in your advertisement.
- Reputation damage. As you know, it’s easy to make a mistake when you’re writing about a competitor. One can venture into the land of suable content extremely quickly and that line can sometimes be quite gray. Our general liability will make sure that, in the event that this occurs, being sued isn’t the end of your business’ life. Example: After you post critical comments on social media about a competitor, it sues you for the harm you caused to its reputation.
It’s easy to believe that getting general liability for your business is all that you need to be covered. But this coverage generally tends to only protect your business against certain situations in which your company is sued and you need to pay a settlement, you need to cover court fees or attorney fees, or you’re responsible for a claim of some sort. Let’s look at some of the items that your commercial general liability insurance won’t cover.
- Professional Mistakes – When you or your employees make a professional mistake, such as mishaps that occur because of your opinion, work, or employee mistakes, this won’t be covered under your commercial general liability insurance. For this to be covered, you’ll need professional liability insurance.
- Employee Accidents and Injuries – These are so unfortunate, but they are bound to happen, especially if your employees work in active positions that include heavy-lifting, work with tools, and any other active work. For these injuries to be covered, you’ll need to make sure that your business has workman’s compensation.
- Damage to Property – Though it might seem that general liability should cover this, it actually does not. As general liability insurance only covers third-party lawsuits and claims, damage to your property, whether it’s done by yourself, your employees, or your customers, will not be covered. For this type of coverage, you’ll need commercial property insurance.
- Auto-Related Coverage – For your business to have any kind of professional auto coverage, for delivery vehicles, conveyance vehicles, and anything else, you’ll need an additional type of insurance to make sure that all your bases are covered.
- Data Breaches and Cyber Crimes – Since these internet-related crimes fall under the category of cyber crimes, you’ll need to have cyber insurance to make sure that your business is protected. Cyber insurance will cover your business in the event of a data breach, hack, release of sensitive information, and more. If you’re in need of cyber insurance for your small business, or you have questions, contact us at The Alexander Insurance Group
If you’re needing any kind of commercial insurance in Columbia, Irmo, Lexington, Chapin, and any of the surrounding areas, contact us at The Alexander Insurance Group. We’ll work hard to get you the right kind of insurance for your business. And if you’re needing personal insurance, we’d love to talk more with you about the smartest ways to make sure that you and your family are covered. Check out our website now or contact us for more information.